Anyone who knows me knows that, unlike most book bloggers, I don’t read many new releases. Like at all. Which is why when I saw the 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge on Novel Knight, I knew it was my time to shine! (Kidding, but actually, not really.)
1) I am now hereby officially signing up for this challenge with the intent that at least 60% of the books I read in 2017 will have been published prior to 1 January of that year.
2) am also sorting myself into Gryffindor for the House Cup (reluctantly, because I super duper really want to be a Ravenclaw but have been told by numerous sources that this is a no-go).
What I Plan to Read
I’m kind of generally awful at making TBRs in advance, buuuuut I will toss out 10 books that have been on my Goodreads to-read shelf forever and which I would really like to get rid of (I mean, whose stories I would love to enjoy).
- Ironskin by Tina Connolly (and sequels)
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (and sequels)
- Life: An Exploded Diagram by Mal Peet
- The Gallery of Vanished Husbands by Natasha Solomons
- California by Eden Lepucki
- Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (and sequels)
- Henna House by Nomi Eve
- The Personal History of Rachel DuPree by Ann Weisgarber
- The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin
- The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
And with that…I am off to the races! (like Lana Del Rey, only not as well-dressed)